Acts of Kindness Challenge is Approaching

FY16_AOK_LogoSusan G. Komen® North Florida will team up with donasity® for an Acts of Kindness Challenge!

Join our Acts of Kindness Challenge! February 14 – 28, 2016

GET YOUR KINDNESS MUSCLES WARMED-UP!

Mark February 14, 2016 for our Susan G. Komen® North Florida Acts of Kindness Challenge. Registration for our challenge opens on February 14 here. Acts of Kindness Challenge runs from February 14 through February 28, 2016.

IMPORTANT DATES

  • February 14, 2016: Acts of Kindness Challenge Begins! Team Registration Begins! Build your team early! Rise to the challenge!
  • February 28, 2016: Acts of Kindness Challenge Ends at 3:00 p.m.

Help us get the word out by sharing the event with your family, friends and co-workers.

Our Acts of Kindness Challenge allows you to express your kindness, generosity, love and support to the women – and men – facing breast cancer in 2016.

DID YOU KNOW? Each month in North Florida:

  • 16 women die of breast cancer
  • 80 women are diagnosed with breast cancer
  • 29 of those are diagnosed late stage.

WHY OUR FUNDRAISING IS SO IMPORTANT…

Komen has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer – transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors. This progress was made with your continued support and together we can see our vision of a world without breast cancer.

Breast cancer knows no boundaries – be it age, gender, socio-economic status or geographic location.

In 1980, the 5-year relative survival rate for women diagnosed with early stage breast cancer (cancer confined to the breast) was about 74 percent (74%). Today, that number is 99 percent!

When you participate and fundraise, we fight these statistics together.

WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?

All of our net proceeds fund vital breast health programs. The majority, seventy-five percent (75%) of the net proceeds raised at Susan G. Komen® North Florida stays right here in our community to fund breast cancer programs, while the remaining 25% supports Susan G. Komen’s national grants program to fund research.

We live here.  We give here.  We save lives here…